Home » Terms & Conditions

Terms & Conditions

Arctic Yeti EHF (ID number 681111-2040) is a tour operator and travel agency based in Iceland, authorized by the Icelandic Tourist Board.

It offers its products through the web www.theyetibus.is, this includes package trips, excursions and links to other web sites providing tourist services.

Using this website and its services, purchasing a product or sending an inquiry implies the acceptance of our terms & conditions.

Bookings have to be directed to info@theyetibus.is. After a booking is confirmed travellers will receive all necessary travel information by email including tickets, vouchers or any other travel documents for the trip or excursion in question.

The traveller is responsible for checking the received documents and confirming that all information is correct. Errors in the documents have to be reported back to us as soon as possible. In case changes have to be made at a later point Arctic Yeti reserves itself the right to charge a discretionary service fee.



A deposit is necessary to confirm a reservation. Upon reservation we will inform you about the exact amount and payment details. Failure to meet payment deadlines will lead to the cancellation of the purchased service and cancellation conditions apply.

For escorted tours, a 40% deposit of the total price is required to confirm a booking. The remaining 60% are due two to one months before trip start, depending on the type of the trip. Contact us for detailed information.

Product prices on the website are based on the current price situation in Iceland. Arctic Yeti  reserves itself the right to change prices due to unforeseen considerable cost increases or fluctuations in currency exchange rates. After a booking has been confirmed a price increase will never exceed 6% of the total trip price, though. The costumer has in this case the right to cancel the reservation without cancellation fees.



All cancellations must be made in written form by email to info@theyetibus.is or to the direct email of your personal contact at Arctic Yeti. Notice that our office is open from Monday to Friday from 10 to 17 h, Icelandic time (GMT). A cancellation is confirmed as soon as Arctic Yeti replies to the cancellation (within the just mentioned working hours) informing the traveller about the cancellation charges. Cancellation conditions are as follows:


Regular daytours and transfers services

  • 48 hours before the trip start: no charges, 100% refund


Private daytours

  • 7 days before the trip start: no charges, 100% refund
  • between 2 and 7 days before the trip start: 50% refund
  • less than 48 hours before the trips start: No refund


Multi-daytours, self-drive tours and private multi-daytours

  • more than ​60 days before the trip start: no charges
  • between ​59 and ​30 days before the trip start: 50% of the total price
  • between ​29 and ​15 days before the trip start: ​25​% of the total price
  • less than 14 days before the start date: 100% of the total price


Notice that for some trips different conditions apply. In this case, we will inform the traveller before confirming the trip.

A non-refundable 12.000 ISK per person will be charged to all the bookings.

When cancelling a trip, it must be taken into account that there are certain expenses of the agency for payments to suppliers that in most cases may be non-refundable, such as payments for certain accommodations, excursions or airline tickets already issued.



Arctic Yeti recommends to purchase a travel insurance before travelling. Note that no insurance is included in our trip packages. Will be happy to assist you if you have questions.



It is the traveller’s own responsibility to have all required legal documents for entering Iceland. For some countries special visa regulations apply. Please check the regulations for your country before contracting a trip with us. You will find information on Icelandic regulations on: http://www.utl.is/